Saturday, August 27, 2011

"Bake Sale!"

 Not your typical bake sale...the girls decided they wanted to "bake cookies" with play-doh - they are big fans of creativity and of play-doh.  Jon - not a fan of the play-doh.  Sometimes I just let them go for it, though, and I even let them set up their "kitchen" on their dresser top because, of course, play-doh is much easier to vacuum up than sweep off the dining room floor, right?
 They had an absolute blast.  I let them use whatever cookie cutters they wanted.  They only charged a quarter a cookie, too!  That is, until dad got home.  When he arrived, they named their price, and when he said he only had dollar bills, they said they'd accept those.  He handed Caitlin a dollar and she gave him one cookie.  He said, "What about the other 3?"  She said, "3 dollars!"  He reminded her that if he paid her a dollar, that was actually worth 4 quarters; the price of 4 cookies."  She looked at him quizically and said, "Price went up, dad, since you only had a dollar."  What a business woman.
I got off the hook and left Jon with clean up.  Maybe I'm the smart business woman.  :)

No comments: