
Caitlin brought home her backpack Thursday and in it was a certificate for her for having her art submitted in the Leavenworth Carnegie Arts Show. We were cordially invited to the show where her art would be displayed.

On Friday evening, we dressed up and went to the show. It was quite extravagant! What I had assumed was that every student's art got turned in to the show and a few people would look at it. Instead, the art teacher chose a couple students' art from a couple grades and put it on display at the Carnegie Arts Center in Leavenworth. Each displaying artist got a ribbon when they walked in, designating them as a displaying artist, elegant foods were catered in, and walls of art were in a gallery - like setting displaying fine talents. It was so neat and such a wonderful time of recognition for all involved! We were so proud (and I could feel the pride all the way from Madison from Caitlin's true artist aunt, Kelly)!
1 comment:
That's my girl, I'm so proud of her! Now I'm not the only talented one in the family! HA!!!
Post a Comment