
The gang was all here, the hype was bigger than ever...it was Rhodes' debut as head coach for Iowa State, and we were all cheering good riddance to Chezik and how we want to add all teams who play Auburn to our wish lose list (the only other team on there is Iowa...okay, and Nebraska).

David made the best french toast and sausages I've had in a long time, and mom, Grandma, and Mary supplied the rest! It was a day set for an upset! David blasted the fight song from the car and threatened the Iowa band to move out of our area...

Predictions occurred, new t-shirts were bought. I love this day! I love Iowa vs. ISU, even when we are picked last in the Big 12. I
never want the Hawks to win. I glared at Hawk fans who set foot in our Hy-Vee that morning when Kelly and I went to pick up stuff for the tailgate...

And of course, it's all in good fun. I expect them to never cheer for us. I expect to be booed when I wear cardinal and gold in Iowa City (which I did for 4 years, mind you)...

My Grandma Phyllis even came into town and watched the game at my mom's with those of us who didn't have tickets (although she wanted the two teams to tie), it was a fabulous weekend for fun, family, and good times. The problem was, the game just didn't go
quite like I anticipated...

But, as we Cyclones say when that football game ends, there's always basketball...some may doubt us, but we can find a way. Go Cyclones!
1 comment:
And no matter what the score is, we still have the BEST FANS!!! Go Clones!
Post a Comment